They are hypoallergenic, biocompatible and non-corrosive
- Titanium is a metal and can lead to allergic reactions or incompatibilities.
- Titanium can conduct electrical energy and heat which can lead to discomfort in some patients
- Titanium can react to changes in temperature in your mouth
Zirconium implants demonstrate extremely low adhesion of bacterial plaque, the main cause of gum disease, which left untreated can lead to bone loss and the eventual loss of the implant.
- Because they are one piece, there is no junction where they crown and implant connect that can harbor bacteria which can cause inflammation and bone loss around a metal implant
- Because they are a one-stage procedure and do not need to be placed as far into the bone, they help speed and improve healing, shortening treatment time
They offer the highest quality aesthetics
- In some case, due to thin bone or receding gums, the dark gray intrinsic color of metal implants may show through and be unsightly. Because Zirconium is white, the color of the gum is always pink and identical to your natural teeth. Even when there is very thin amount of gum tissue
They are proven safe and effective
- Titanium implants have experienced a long success rate worldwide over the past 15 years.
- Z-Systems ceramic dental implants are the only FDA approved 100% metal-free 1 piece, 2 piece and tapered ceramic dental implants on the market today
They offer the highest strength and durability
- Zirconium is extremely strong and designed to withstand tremendous biting forces
- The one piece design of the implant provides additional protection against structural weakness and breakage.
Because they are hypoallergenic and non-metal they are the perfect choice for those patients:
- Who have adopted a natural, holistic lifestyle as they adhere to holistic health principles
- Who have sensitivities to metal
- Who have allergies and skin sensitivities
- Who have compromised auto-immune disorders